Hours & Non-School Tours
Scroll down for complete information.
Return to Home Page
The Georgia Nature Center and nature trails are open for guided tours only.
Tour Schedule: Tours Available Most Days (Monday through Saturday)
Most tours begin in the morning, starting times vary. Call for the latest schedule.
|Schools & Other Groups of 10 or more can visit any day: FIELD TRIP INFORMATION|
Every Tour Includes All of the Following:
Clean Energy Exhibition [DETAILS]
• View 3,000 watt solar array & wind turbine.
• Hands-on demonstration of how sunlight generates power.
• Discussion of how power is stored in batteries.
• View renewable power battery storage & inverter.
Carnivorous Plants [DETAILS]
• View and touch hundreds of carnivorous plants.
• Learn how to grow carnivorous plants.
• Learn why plants become carnivorous.
• Hands-on demonstration of how plants capture insects.
"Next Generation" Home [DETAILS]
• View the exterior of this underground solar-powered home.
• Learn about "earth tubes" cooling & heating.
• Learn about energy-efficient building.
• Learn about benefits of living small.
Organic Farm [DETAILS]
• View orchard with peach, plum, apple, pear, fig, apricot & persimmon trees.
• View blueberries, grapes, asparagus, saffron crocus and seasonal vegetables.
• Learn how to control insects without pesticides.
• Learn how to fertilize plants without chemicals.
• Learn how to control weeds.
Indigo Preserve Nature Hike [DETAILS]
• View native orchid species.
• View various mushrooms in their natural habitats.
• View & identify animals tracks.
• View a series of small waterfalls & natural rock formations.
(Depending on creek depth, it is not always possible to visit waterfalls.)
View Pitcher Plants Eating!
Geothermal Earth Tubes
Mushrooms Along Nature Trails
Learn About Hybrid Cars
Interactive Solar Toys (Crab)
Interactive Solar Toys (Fan)
Interactive Solar Toys (Grasshopper)