School Field Trips
Scroll down for complete information.
Return to Home Page
|RESERVE TOUR NOW|
Instant Field Trip Grants & Scholarships Up to $2,000 Are Available (DETAILS)
Is Your District Limiting Your Use of School Buses?
Low-Priced Charter Bus Packages Are Available (DETAILS)
Schools and other groups of 10 or more can schedule field trips any day, seven days per week. The nature center can handle up to 300 students and up to 7 buses at a time, so most schools bring a whole grade level or more at one time. Tours can last from 60 minutes to 3 hours (average is 2 hours), and will be adjusted to meet your schedule on the field trip day. Misters and cooling fans keep students comfortable even on the warmest days. We recommend bringing bag lunches — we allow 30 minutes for lunch in our picnic area after the tour. Tours conform to Georgia Performance Standards (GPS) for K-12 grade levels. Please scroll down now to see photos of everything included on a tour.
Schedule for any day November - December and receive $80 in FREE Carnivorous Plants! (Details)
Are you having difficulty arranging transportation, or would you like to stay at the center longer than county buses will allow? Click here to learn about affordable Charter Bus Packages available for schools unable to arrange their own buses, or who wish to leave school earlier or stay at the center longer than county buses allow. If you still can't find a way for your school to visit the nature center, let us bring the nature center to you with an In-School Assembly Program.
Every Field Trip Includes All of the Following:
Clean Energy Exhibition [DETAILS]
• View 3,000 watt solar array & wind turbine.
• Hands-on demonstration of how sunlight generates power.
• Discussion of how power is stored in batteries.
• View renewable power battery storage & inverter.
Carnivorous Plants [DETAILS]
• View and touch hundreds of carnivorous plants.
• Learn how to grow carnivorous plants.
• Learn why plants become carnivorous.
• Hands-on demonstration of how plants capture insects.
"Tornado Alley" Trail [DETAILS]
• View the path of a 900-foot wide tornado.
• View thousands of trees twisted around by the twister.
• Learn how and why tornadoes form.
• Learn how to remain safe during a tornado.
"Next Generation" Home [DETAILS]
• View the exterior of this underground solar-powered home.
• Learn about "earth tubes" cooling & heating.
• Learn about energy-efficient building.
• Learn about benefits of living small.
Organic Farm [DETAILS]
• View orchard with peach, plum, apple, pear, fig, apricot & persimmon trees.
• View blueberries, grapes, asparagus, saffron crocus and seasonal vegetables.
• Learn how to control insects without pesticides.
• Learn how to fertilize plants without chemicals.
• Learn how to control weeds.
• Seating for over 300 students plus teachers.
• Bring bag lunches or purchase healthy snacks and drinks for $1 to $2 each from our gift shop.
School Bus Parking
• Parking is available for up to 7 full-size school buses.
• Auto parking is also available at no extra charge.
View Pitcher Plants Eating!
Geothermal Earth Tubes
Mushrooms Along Nature Trails
Learn About Hybrid Cars
Interactive Solar Toys (Crab)
Interactive Solar Toys (Fan)
Interactive Solar Toys (Grasshopper)